Here are a few guidelines for planting a tree fence:
- Place the fence as close to the noise source as possible.
- Plant trees and shrubs as close together as possible.
- Use dense foliage plants.
- Use evergreen species for year round protection.
- Make the fence as tall as possible.
- Make the fence as wide as possible.
Interior plants for reducing background noise level, Good interior plants of noise-reducing include Spathiphyllum wallisii (peace lily), Philodendron scandens (sweetheart plant), Dracaena marginata (Madagascan dragon tree) and Ficus benjamina (weeping fig). Positioning several arrangements around a space works better than concentrating the plants in one location. plants-in-buildings.com has a table of noise-absorption coefficients of plants.